Location: Petersburg, KY
Department: Branding & Product Development
The Graphic Designer will use a variety of creative tools to create attractive and informative printed and promotional pieces and products. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Design advertisement pieces for products, events, outreaches, or special promotions.
- Adapt previously designed pieces with updated information to create new promotions.
- Create new branding for products and events.
- Design packaging for various products (books, booklets, DVDs, and more).
- Concept and design new retail products that promote the AiG message.
- Design signage for events, retail, and other needs.
- Maintain consistent branding & design presence across all promotional channels.
- Market products and events with strong, personal calls to action.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regularly attends a local Bible-believing church.
- Advanced skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Familiarity with workflow and collaboration solutions such as Basecamp, Google Docs, Dropbox, and similar.
- Advanced skills in layout, design, eye flow, information architecture, readability, typography, and color theory.
- Strong understanding of principles of branding and its relationship to design and cohesive marketing.
- Using customer-first marketing practices to create designs that help users and maximize engagement.
- Promotes easy to read marketing verbiage with concise editing skills.
- Finds creative ways to solve complex content needs with clean layout design.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Efficient - tackling problems in a timely manner.
- Independently resourceful - researching solutions with minimal supervision.
- Organized - able to keep track of multiple concurrent projects.
- Creative - thinking “outside the box” for optimal solutions to difficult problems.
- A fast learner - adapting to new methodologies with minimal coaching.
- Humble - giving and receiving criticism with a graceful spirit.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent experience.
- Recent two years of experience doing design professionally.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating artistic creativity, concept innovation, technical knowledge, branding cohesiveness, and understanding of visual representation of content.
Items Needed for Possible Employment
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Salary Requirements
- Salvation Testimony
- Creation Belief Statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen