Location: Williamstown, KY
Department: Attractions Operations
The Event Operations Assistant Manager will support and assist the Event Operations Manager in scheduling, planning, facilitating, and executing events and conferences for Answers in Genesis at the Answers Center and Creation Museum. All work is to be always done with excellence and professionalism. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Attend all events meetings for CM and AC and facilitate in Manager’s absence
- Collaborate with event project managers within the ministry such as: Advancement, Outreach & Operations, to ensure the Event Plans are up-to-date and that information is being communicated to the appropriate teams
- Maintain Master Calendar for Events
- Communicate frequently to operations managers about upcoming events and day-of information
- Stand-in as Event Operations Manager when Manager is unavailable during event and/or divide the requirements for longer events/conferences, concerts, etc
- Develop knowledge of contracts to amend contracts from artists and speakers with Senior Director of Procurement and Programs and Event Operations Manager as well as compliance
- Assist VIP's and talent with arrival, parking, and departure
- Book rooms as needed for events (Morris/Whitcomb, Discovery, the AC, etc.)
- Assist with coordinating events on day-of with volunteer coordinators, admissions, etc.
- Assist with ensuring the Daily Schedules at AC & CM are accurate – accounting for changes due to outside events
- Attend Zoom meetings with outside talent, record needed information for contracts & operations
- Arrange hospitality for Green Room
- Order operational signage as directed
- Assist with venue renal inquiries
- Collaborate with catering staff on menus and pricing
- Assist with meet & greets and public-facing roles during events
- Learn All Seated and help develop seating charts for events and seating chart "menu book"
- Assist with assigned seating logistics for ticketed events and large-scale events
- Act as Point person to check individual operations areas on event days to ensure compliance with the Event Plan – Green Room, volunteer break rooms and check ins, etc.
- Schedule post event recap meetings, to ensure requested changes are noted for future events
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regularly attends a local Bible-believing church.
- Available to work at the Answers Center or Creation Museum as needed
- Available on Weekends and Evenings during events at Answers Center & Creation Museum
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- Able to lift and move objects up to 50 Lbs.
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Work as a team member with the ministry’s objective
- Able to multitask
- Mission focused and driven
Education & Experience
- Leadership and Management Experience or comparable Education
- Professional event experience, preferably in a cultural or academic institution or in an attraction environment
- Knowledge of event and/or theatre industry a plus
Items Needed for Possible Employment
Apply for this Position
Go back to the job list
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Salary Requirements
- Salvation Testimony
- Creation Belief Statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen